Friday, May 10, 2013

Stella Grace at {almost} 4 years old!

Oh, this girl! She is forever putting a smile on our faces and making us laugh! She is a diva through and through and loves nothing more than dressing up and posing for pictures with more sass and attitude than any little {almost} 4 year old should have ! 
 She is our more sensitive child and she absolutely hates when we are upset with her or when she can tell that she let us down.  She almost always cries when you correct her and says "But I don't want you to be mad at me!" and she really means it.  It make her heart sad!  She likes to be praised and is a pretty good listener.  At school, she behaves better than her sister and her teacher (AKA Nana) says that Stella is generally listening and attentive and likes to take part in the class.  Mya isn't always bad at school, but she has a little harder time listening and being told no.  She is also very conscious of her sister's happiness and is generally willing to give Mya whatever she wants when Mya cries.  I love that she is helpful but I don't like that she is always the one who has to give in because her stubborn sister won't. 
 Stella is shy in new situations but adapts quicker.  She is more willing to try something new and put herself out there than Mya, which is definitely not what I thought would be the case when they were babies.  Stella was SUCH a Mommy's girl and needed to be held and reassured.  She still looks for reassurance but will try on her own.  For example, we were at a family wedding but we didn't know many people past our immediate family and Stella really wanted to dance and play with some of the other little kids.  She was a little afraid at first and it broke my heart to see her so torn and unsure of herself but Daddy told her if she wanted to play with the kids she needs to go ask them herself.  She slowly inched her way over there and spent the rest of the night dancing her little heart out with two girls.  It was really hard for me to not walk over there with her and help her make friends but it was really good for her to learn to do that for herself since I won't be with her every day at school as she grows up.  She was also much more willing to play soccer with teammates she didn't know (except our buddy, Lyla) than Mya was. 
She's more like me in the eating department.  She is willing to try new things and likes more flavorful things.  She likes dips, dressing, salsa and hummus.  She is a good eater for the most part.
 She falls asleep before Mya normally but not without lots of sissy talking time first and getting out of bed for a million ridiculous reasons first, which is beyond frustrating for Mommy and Daddy!  She is a snuggler and often ends up coming to our bed if she wakes up in the middle of the night and I LOVE that! She also gives me countless kisses and tells me every night before going to bed "I'll love you forever! I'll like you for always! As long as I'm living my Mommy you'll be!" from the Love You Forever story. It makes my heart explode with happiness each time.
She likes to color, dress up, dance, sing, do puzzles, play our iPad or her Leap Pad, watch Clifford, Word World, Madagascar 3, Secret of the Wings, Tangled, The Lorax, Rio (just to name a few current favs), play with her baby dolls and help make her bed.  We love our girl to the moon and back and are so very proud of the wonderful little person that she is!  Our girls are so very unique and we love their differences.  Just like I said on Mya's post, I don't think I could even begin to explain in words how much I love my Stella Grace so I guess I'll just have to show her through my actions every day!

1 comment:

Kelly Lynn said...

She cracks me up!! Love all the posing, but that last pic is simply the best! :)