We did find out the sexes of the babies but it took some prodding. Baby A was very revealing and didn't make us wait, but Baby B on the other hand was very shy. The tech had to push on my belly about 4 different times to get the baby's legs to move so we could see what we came for. I was 18 weeks and 5 days yesterday and the babies were measuring 19 weeks, 3 days and 19 weeks, 1 day - so we are a little ahead of schedule. Both babies are doing wonderfully and everything looks just like it should. The ultrasound took a half hour to do and laying on my back for that long does not work. For the last 5-10 minutes of the ultrasound I started to get very hot and feel dizzy. I couldn't completely hear what the ultrasound tech was saying but I didn't want her to stop because one of the babies was being very shy and it took longer to see the "goods". I wasn't leaving without knowing so I didn't say anything about my feeling of a dizziness. When we were finally finished and she had me sit up I told her how I was feeling. She said that the weight of the babies was pushing on a major vein or artery (or something) and the blood flow to my head was cut. I am no longer allowed to have the ultrasounds done on my back. I will have to lay on my side.
After the ultrasound we had an appointment with the doctor. She said again that I am doing just fine and that my weight gain (which I am estimating to be 15 pounds) is just where it needs to be. She measured my belly for the first time and said that it is measuring what a 26 week belly would be with one baby. No wonder my skin feels stretched......those ladies had an additional 7 weeks to let their skin stretch slowly. Needless to say I look very pregnant. I am writing this post at school and do not have the capabilities to put pictures up here so I will have to add those in another post so that you can see me and the most recent u/s pictures.
When the appointment was over, Wes and I went shopping. We actually went CRAZY buying all kinds of clothes. It was so much fun. We went to Kohl's, Old Navy, Babies 'R Us, Baby Gap and Children's Place. It was so fun to go home and spread it all out. We also picked out our furniture at Babies 'R Us. The carpet is being installed in the room this weekend and we are ordering our furniture this weekend, as well. We already got our glider - thanks to a certain generous someone. So, the room should be finished in the next few weeks - minus the bedding since we registered for that. I cannot wait and will post pictures when we are done. Ok, this got very long so I will wrap it up now.
No comments:
Post a Comment