Sunday, March 1, 2009

God Parents

On Friday my cousin, Brittany, and her husband, Troy, came up to visit.  They live in Columbus, but are both originally from Oak Harbor.  They came to see family and had time to have an evening with us since it had been a while.  Brittany and I are 2 months apart, and actually all four of us are the same age.  They are both very happy in Columbus and doing really well with their jobs, but are planning to move back to the area when they start to have kids.  This won't be for a few years but we cannot wait because they are some of our very best friends.  Wes and Troy met through us, but I swear those two have been friends forever.  They are so similar and they get a long so well.  

Well, anyways they came with me to watch Wes coach his last basketball game and then we went out to dinner and hung out.  While we were eating we asked them if they would be one of the baby's God parents.  My sister and her husband, Craig, were a no-brainer for the other God parents. Ashley and Craig are also who we choose to raise or babies if God-forbid anything should ever happen to Wes and I.  We put a lot of thought into our choices.  To us these roles are very important.  Wes and I are God parents to our nephew, Will, and I think we do a pretty bang up job!  We are very involved in his life and always will be.  We wanted the same for our babies.   We wanted happily married couples who would take the job seriously.  These are the two closest couples to us  and we know that the lives of our children will be very important to them.  They are also all Christian people who may or may not go to church regularly, and would support our children in their beliefs.  They agreed and were very honored.  We are thrilled!

Now, I can't wait for the shower so that I can tell them which baby they are the God parents for!

No comments: