
My girls were born on the same day but that is about where their similarities end. They are so different in appearance and temperament. I am very conscience of the fact that people will always be comparing them because they are twins. This is unfair to the girls because every child develops in their own way, no matter if they are multiples or not.
I have felt a little like a Mama Bear lately and feeling the need to be protective of their feelings. I realize that they do not understand any of this yet, but some day they will and I do not want them to have to deal with this. In their short two months of life I have heard several comments that would hurt their feelings if they understood and honestly it hurts my feelings to hear them. No one should have a "favorite" twin or make comments about the size of my girls. Yes, Mya is bigger than Stella but she is by no means a "fatty". I realize that these things were not meant to be hurtful at all but please think about what you are saying before you say it out loud.
We love our girls more than anything and do not want them to ever feel like they are in competition with each other. Of course as their parents, we think they are both perfect. They will do things at their own pace and it will be different and that is just fine with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment