On June 2nd our girlies turned 2 YEARS OLD!!!! Blows my mind to think about it! These first 2 pictures are actually from the night before their birthday when Daddy brought them each a bouquet of flowers for their birthday! What a thoughtful guy!


The morning of their birthday we woke up and opened just a few presents. We saved the rest for their party on Saturday. After the presents I made breakfast - eggs and pumpkin pancakes! They loved it and ate really well. We put a candle in their pancake and sang to them! *Sidenote: Our air conditioning is being installed tomorrow so it has been a little warm in our house. The girls would sweat at night in whatever we put them in so we tried this large (size 10-12) t-shirt that Daddy brought home from school. They look so stinkin' cute in it and it worked ~ they weren't sweaty! :)
After breakfast we got ready and headed out to the Toledo Zoo. The girls talked to YaYa on the phone on the way there.


We were only going to stay two hours so that we could be home in time for two different companies to come and give us an estimate for installing central air and so the girls could take a nap. They LOVED the zoo! It was so fun! Having a membership is fabulous because I didn't feel like we needed to try to get to everything. We spent most of the time looking at the monkeys! They are my favorite and the girls could not stop laughing. They kept telling us how silly the monkeys were as they swung from the branches and ropes and played. Stella was a little scared when they walked close to the glass because she was afraid "the monkey gonna get me", but still thoroughly enjoyed seeing them.


We also checked out Nature's Neighborhood which is a playground for little kids. We didn't play at all but we did get to go in with the goats. They thought that was so cool and Mya was following them around and petting them. We definitely washed our hands after touching them! The girls loved the hand dryer! LOL After that we stopped in the gift shop and got them each a stuffed animal - Stella a giraffe and Mya a zebra! We ate lunch in the Carnivore Cafe before leaving.









We had plans in the evening to go to the park but plans changed and Nana and the Riedemans came over to play and eat birthday cookies with the girls. We had made their fav ~ mac 'n cheese for dinner. I know my sister will cringe when she reads that but they are so picky lately and they never refuse that.






The next day was their 2 year well check appointment. Nana came with me since Daddy is still in school. He had taken a personal day to be home on their birthday! I was hoping that this appointment would go better than the past appointments. There were no shots and they are older now. They did so great! Mya only cried when Dr. Carmen first started her exam but if I held her she did fine. Stella didn't cry at all. Dr. Carmen said that they are doing excellent! Nothing to be concerned about and there is nothing we have to be careful about them eating anymore (i.e. peanut butter, honey, shellfish). She asked them to walk so she could watch and Mya ran to me while Stella danced! LOL They didn't talk that much around her so I had to just tell her that they are talking constantly and always in complete sentences. These are my first children so I assumed the amount they talk is normal but I guess that is not the case. They do get it honestly though! I love to talk! :) I loved that they are now able to weigh and measure them standing up on a scale now. It is more accurate and they were less afraid!
Here are there stats:
Mya Alyse ~
Weight: 27 lbs. (50th %)
Height: 34 1/4 in. (50th %)
Head Circumference: 19 1/2 in.
Stella Grace~
Weight: 25 lbs. 2 oz. (25th %)
Height: 34 1/2 in. (75 %)
Head Circumference: 19 in.



2 comments:
Such a sweet daddy, bringing them flowers. Love the pictures of Stella on the cell phone and Mya hugging her zebra. And please don't ever feel like I'm judging what you feed your children. I promise, I don't. Happy Birthday, Mya & Stella. I love you SO MUCH!!!
SO CUTE!!!! I bet they garnered lots of attention at the zoo lookin' so sweet in their matching outfits!
Post a Comment