Oh what a day! Nana had given each of her granddaughters a watermelon outfit from Gymboree for Easter or Halloween (can't remember) with visions of these pictures dancing through her head. Each girl's outfit was different but all from the same line so it coordinated wonderfully. I had some hair clips made to match from Bows2Cute and then found the watermelon hat while at a Gymboree outlet, so it was perfect! We attempted to make plans all summer long to take these pictures and it finally worked out today. Nana was watching Will and Soph because Lisa is on vacation and we were having our house appraised so I brought the girls over to nap. When they woke up we took everyone outside and spread out a green and white plaid blanket under a tree in Nana's front yard. We brought a picnic basket, a wooden stool and some real watermelon as props. We had one whole melon and a quarter of another one cut up. My mom really thought Will would just hold the cut piece and the girls would pose nicely around him and that's just what happened............or NOT!!!!!!! It doesn't matter though because these pictures are priceless!!!! Will asked if he could eat the piece pretty quickly and the girls (especially Stella) were very interested in what he was doing. He shared with each of them for a bit and then continued to devour the whole quarter piece. Nana brought each of the girls their own piece and they went to town. It was a sticky, juicy, awesome mess! I love the expressions on their faces. Stella absolutely loved the watermelon and was chewing on the rind in the end. I had to pry it from her and she was not happy. We ended up taking them inside and stripping them down to clean them up. It was soooooo much fun!!!! *Sophie cut her forehead yesterday at a friend's house as you'll see in the pictures..... but I think it makes her look tough! ;)
2 comments:
Oh wow, those all just made me smile! I think my favorites are the couple of Stella and Will where she's taking a bite out of his slice. SO CUTE!!!
These pictures turned out so much better than any posed, cooperative photo session would have. Adorable!
Post a Comment