I stayed home sick today and I actually got to rest and relax. With me only teaching math this year I feel like I am finally able to feel on top of things with school. I haven't brought home tons of work each night, which is a nice break. I am still feeling yucky at the moment so I'm hoping it passes before work tomorrow because I really don't want to miss another day.
So this post is just going to be about the random things I have been thinking about today, because I'm sure you are just dying to know! ;0
*I have been a mom for 3 years, 3 months and 18 days and lately it has really been just hitting me that they are my daughters. I know that sounds weird to say, because of course I knew that but saying that lately and watching them become the amazing little people that they are blows me away. They are a part of me. The best part of me. I am so blown away by how much I love them and how much I love being their mommy. I seriously get tears in my eyes at night when I go in to check on them after they are asleep. They look so incredibly sweet and beautiful when they sleep and I just get taken over by my emotions at knowing that they are my girls! Sometimes I imagine what they will be like at each different stage in their lives. Today while laying on the couch I watched a show called I Found the Gown. It really was a dumb show about girls choosing their wedding gowns. Not much was on TV, but I found myself thinking about what it will be like to take my girls shopping for their gowns one day. I also watched Tia and Tamara (again nothing on TV) and I also wondered if my twins will be as close as them and if they will interact in the way that they do. Will they feel each others pain? Will they "know" when something is going on with the other before they even know? Sometimes I forget they are twins and when I really think about it, it makes me feel so lucky to be a part of this awesome bond. I seriously always wanted twin girls!
*Sometimes I get really caught up in the little things in life that make things difficult and end up feeling sorry for myself. It's silly really, when I think about all of the horrible things that other people have dealt with or are dealing with. What matters most is that my family is safe, healthy and happy. I know that they know I love them but reminding them everyday is really my most important job in life. I want a happy husband and happy children. If I have that then I am a success. The other little things don't really matter and I have to remind myself of that sometimes.
*I love smoothies. My hubby makes some pretty delicious ones and I enjoy them. Tropical Smoothie Cafe is my fav place to eat lately so anyone who reads this and ever buys me gifts a gift card there would always be appreciated. :) (Remember I said this was about my random thoughts!)
*I ordered the girls' Halloween costumes. They are going to blue and green Crayola crayons. Will and Soph are going to be red and yellow and I'm stinkin' excited about the awesome pictures we will be taking with our little pack! I was going to get Milo a costume but I could only find pink and blue doggie costumes. One of the girls is going to be blue and I can't put a boy dog in a pink costume so I didn't order them. He will probably thank me later.
*Insanity is pretty hard. I'm not gonna lie I've skipped some days but when I do it, I am really enjoying the feeling I get after finishing. My hubs hasn't skipped any and I'm proud of him but I didn't doubt he could do it. He's in great shape, unlike me. I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow so I can get back to it.
*I'm oh-so-happy that it is Friday tomorrow. We have my brothers' birthday dinner on Sunday but that is all that is on the books for us and I'm looking forward to spending some QT with my family.
*Next week most of my shows start again and I'm super excited about that. Welcome back into my world, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family and Criminal Minds!
Hope you enjoyed a look into my crazy head!
No comments:
Post a Comment