Saturday, June 1st we celebrated the girls birthday (a day early) Candy Land style! I had seen all these ideas on Pinterest and knew this was what I wanted to do because the girls LOVE to play Candy Land. We had an overload of sweets and a bunch of cute decorations. Sadly, my pictures don't really do it justice because it was pretty cute! I think I need to take a photography class. My sister took some pictures too and you can see them on her blog here.
Our candy bar that had 10 different types of candy. The cute board came from the art teacher at Wes' school who let us borrow it and dress it up a bit.

Our party favors......mini gumball machines with chewy sweet tarts and a tooth brush to brush away all of the sugar we gave the guests. We also had mini cupcake containers filled with puffs or animal crackers for our smallest friends!
The Candy Land board floor!
The picture wall we set up to pics in front of. It didn't get used exactly like I thought because it was in the back room but it was still fun. My friend, Laura, who is the awesome art teacher at my school painted the paper plates and then I wrapped them in cellophane!

We borrowed this gingerbread guy from my mom's preschool.
The delicious white wedding cake cupcakes my friend, Jeanette, made complete with a gumdrop on top!
Soph, Mya and Cora who all visited the candy bar a little too often! :)
Singing to the birthday girls!
Mya and Sweet Kinley!
Jax
Trying to get a picture of Grandpa and the girls and Lincoln jumped in the picture. He is so stinkin' cute and looks like their brother!
6 of our 15 little party guests: Sophie, Cora, Tegan, Rya, Lincoln and Kinley.
Time for presents......and LOTS of them!
Modeling one of her new night gowns! These girls love their night gowns!
After most of the guests left we went to take pics in front of the photo background.
Our fam!
And then me and the Mr. took some silly pics!
Posing with my girls!
And my Godson!
And back to my goofy hubby!
My sissy!
Sissy and Mom
And then we added props! LOL
The aftermath of presents! Spoiled and loved little ladies!
We were exhausted when it was all over. As I was just about to sit down and pass out, Wes pulled up the Candy Land path on the floor that I had used packing tape to keep down.......yeah BIG mistake! It left a sticky glue residue ALL over the floor so we spent a few hours on our hands and knees scrubbing/picking it off! Grrrrrrrrr! It was a successful day though and we avoided the rain that was forecasted for almost the entire party.
























































2 comments:
What an adorable party! A few things, you look super pretty and can totally rock a maxi dress! I knew that gingerbread photo board looked familiar! I have a pic of Lyla in that! haha! Super duper cute party and such precious birthday girls!!! :)
I love how bright, cheerful, and colorful everything was! Great party...could've dined at the candy bar all night long!! :)
Post a Comment