The ultrasound took an hour because they are VERY thorough with twins. She measured and re-measured their heads, abdomens, arms, legs, heart rates, checked blood circulation in and around their hearts and umbilical cords, checked their kidneys and checked lungs and diaphragms. Both girls were practicing their breathing which was so cute and also a great sign that they are right on track. Because they are so thorough her measurement of weight is much more accurate than last week and she did not find the gap in weight. Mya weighed in at 5 pounds 1 ounce and Stella weighed in at 4 pounds and 13 ounces. They are only 4 ounces different and there is no concern anymore. So hopefully if they stay in my belly for another 3 weeks they will be over 6 pounds when they are born!
Following the ultrasound I went to the NST room and they hooked me up to the monitors. The girls had been moving all over the place during the ultrasound so I knew they would be nice and active for the NST. They were nice and active, as was my uterus! I was having contractions 2-4 minutes apart and they were lasting about 2 minutes. The girls passed the NST, apparently they aren't bothered by the contractions. The nurse said she would have to call upstairs to Labor and Delivery and talk to the doctor on call from my practice though because she was sure they would want me upstairs for more monitoring since the contractions were increasing and these were starting to get a pretty uncomfortable. The doctor said that since I had the fetal fibronectin test last week and it was negative that I could go home. I was relieved because I was starving and Wes and I were planning to go out to eat. So I go back to see Dr. Kanios in her office next Thursday when I will be 34 weeks and then back to the hospital on Friday for my weekly NST. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the girls keep growing and stay put for at least 2-3 more weeks!
Mya Alyse - She was rubbing her left eye with her little fist. (I don't know why her name is underlined and I can't figure out how to change it.....oh well.)
Stella Grace - This is a side view of her. All of the things that look like bubbles near her face are her umbilical cord.
No comments:
Post a Comment