I forgot to update last week so now I will have an update today and tomorrow. Last Thursday I went for my 34 week appointment with the doctor. I no longer have ultrasounds there so it was kind of a boring appointment. She didn't even check to see how dilated I am. Pretty much it was a "How are you feeling?" kind of appointment and checking my weight and blood pressure. My blood pressure has been good all along and my weight is increasing as it should. We did, however, discuss delivery again. We scheduled my c-section for June 3rd, which puts me at 37 weeks and 6 days. She said that I probably won't make it to that day though so it was kind of pointless. If I should happen to make it that far I would be guaranteed to have my doctor, which would make me feel much better. She is one of ten doctors in her practice and if I randomly go into labor I could have any one of them deliver the girls. It just depends who is on call that day. Anyways, I have to report to the hospital at 8:00 a.m. on the 3rd and the c-section will begin at 10:00 a.m. It is a great feeling to know that there is an end in sight and it will quite possibly be even sooner than that.
Friday was my NST at the hospital and now the doctor has added weekly AFI (Amniotic Fluid Index) tests. This test is just another ultrasound where they measure the amount of fluid around each baby. The girls passed the NST and the fluid looked great. Now I go back to the doctor tomorrow for my 35 week check-up and to the hospital Friday for the NST and AFI.
Sunday I celebrated my first Mother's Day!!! My mom and dad got me a pedicure at David Broadway so my toes will be ready for the delivery room. So Mom and I went Monday afternoon and my toes are now a nice bright Cha-Ching Cherry pink! They look awesome and the massage on my feet and legs was wonderful now that I'm swelling up like crazy!!!! My AMAZING husband also got me some wonderful gifts. First, he got me a special adaptor for my car so that I can play and charge my iPod in the car. I had a basic cord that worked but it didn't charge it so I was getting annoyed with it. Then on Monday after Mother's Day I was laying on the couch getting my rest in and I was feeling especially huge. My legs and ankles were swelling so bad and I was extremely uncomfortable. He came and sat on the floor by me and was kissing me and telling me that he was so proud of me and how much I'm doing for the girls. He tried to slip a ring on my ring finger but my fingers are also very swollen so he stopped at my knuckle. He bought me another wedding band to wear on the other side of my engagement ring. He said he gave me the first band because he knew I would be a great wife and this one is because he knows I will be a great Mommy! I'm going to get the band sautered to the other two and have our wedding date engraved on the first band and the girls birthday engraved on the new band. Now I can't wait to wear them once I stop swelling up so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment