On top of my anxiety over just leaving the girls, I am also stressed about the actual job. I was put on bed rest April 4th. I will have been out of the classroom for 9 months. We got a new principal this year and she has changed everything. We have a new reading, writing and social studies series that I have never seen. We have new grade cards that I've heard take FOREVER. We also added the Phonics Dance to our day and I don't know that either. When I went to a conference about this they said to not worry about knowing it because you will learn it with the kids. Well, my kids learned it with my sub and I don't know it so now what? Finally, I don't know my students. I stopped in to meet them one day for 5 minutes and my sub (who also happens to be a friend of mine) had the kids fill out an informational sheet about them and she attached a picture. This is helpful, but I still feel like it is the first day of my first year. I haven't been nervous to teach in 5 years. Now I'm nervous! I have to learn how to be a teacher and a mommy without either job slacking.
I would just take the rest of the year off, because I think most of my anxieties are due to the fact that I am coming back in the middle of the year, but my sub is pregnant and due in February. I would not give the students two different long-term subs. I don't think that's fair to them. So I just going to have to suck it up and suffer through until June 2nd. (Yeah, that's another thing.....my last day of school is the girls' first birthday! We never go until June, but this year we do!!!!!!!!!!!) So from now on I'm pouring myself into our home business so that I can make enough to stay home after this year!
Who wouldn't want to be home with these gorgeous girls???
1 comment:
I pray that everything works out and you're able to stay home!! Hopefully the days will fly by and before ya know it you're back home with your girls. I would say to relax and enjoy the next month and a half without being anxious, but I TOTALLY get ya on that one--I'm already feeling the same way about next year!!
Post a Comment