The girls did not sleep well at Maumee Bay. Probably because they were in a pack 'n play and in a strange place. So I was a little concerned about how the next day would go. Surprisingly they slept the entire 2 hours down. That was much needed for them! However, they then never took another nap until we were leaving at 8:00. They really weren't very whiny and I was pleasantly surprised. They slept all the way home. Mya transitioned very easily. We even had to change their diapers and put them in jammies. Stella, however, was wide awake and just hanging out. She had no interest in going back to sleep. She finally went to bed with us around 1:00! Yikes! Oh well, I guess we will have days like that. In fact, we will have several coming up like that at Christmas. They just don't really like to nap other places.
Stella and Uncle Taylor
Mya and Papa
Stella and Aunt Amanda
Mya in her "Thankful for Mommy and Daddy" jammies....Stella pooped on hers LOL
Playing at Grandma and Grandpa Rethman's house
Daddy is tired! Must have had too much turkey!
All in all, it was a great holiday! This day is just an excuse to say what we are thankful for, but I think this is something that we should be thinking about EVERY day. Since I became a Mommy I feel like I do appreciate things more. Here is what I am thankful for:*My wonderful husband, Wesley! He is an amazing father, caring and thoughtful partner and all-around genuine person. Everyone who knows him thinks that he is a stand-up guy and I am so proud that I am his wife!
*My beautiful, dream come true daughters, Mya and Stella! I cannot even begin to explain what they mean to me. I always knew that I wanted to be a Mommy and the fact that it took extra work for us to get them just intensified my desire. Now that they are here I am the happiest I have ever been! I love them more than life itself and would do anything for them! I know that I am so lucky to have been able to carry two big and healthy babies as long as I did and I will spend the rest of my life making sure that they stay that way!
*My amazing parents, Tom and Peggy! They are the most supportive and loving people to their children. I would not be the person I am today without them and they are my rock. I cannot and do not want to ever imagine life without them. I am grateful every day for all that they do for us! I LOVE my parents!
*My big sister, Ashley! She is my best friend and a great support system. She is an amazing role model and I will forever try to be like her. Her husband and children (who I am also very thankful for) are lucky people. She will do anything and everything to be sure they are safe and have a happy and fulfilled life!
*My brothers, Taylor and Zach! They are my little brothers and they always make me laugh. I love that as they have gotten older we have actually become friends. I love what they bring to our family and I look forward to becoming even closer with them.
*My extended family! I am so lucky to have people around me who care about me and will drop anything to help me. I hate that we don't all get together more often but I cherish the times that we do!
*My in-laws! The raised my husband to be the man he is today and lucky me gets to reap all the benefits of their hard work! They are supportive of us and would do anything for us.
*My friends! I have the greatest groups of friends. It is so nice to have people to talk, laugh and spend time with who look at life in the same way that I do.
*My Doggy! Poor Milo has definitely taken a backseat to the girls and he seems to just understand that it is ok. We do still love him very much and I tell him every day that soon enough these little invaders will be his best buddies. He does so good with the babies and I have absolutely no worries with him around them.
No comments:
Post a Comment