Today we went for Mya and Stella's 6 month well baby visit. We haven't been there since they were 4 months old and so I was very curious how big they were. They had been growing about 2 lbs. a month, but I knew that they would slow down soon so I didn't really know what to guess. At 4 months Mya was 15lbs. 2oz. and 25 1/4 in. long. Stella was 13lbs. 4oz. and 24 3/4 in. long. Today Mya was 16lbs. even and 25 /34 in. and Stella was 14lbs. 10 oz. and also 25 3/4 in. long. Mya only gained 14 oz. in 2 months and grew 1/2 an inch. Stella gained 1 lb. 6oz. and grew a whole inch. Dr. Carmen said this is normal and they are just fine. Mya is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight and Stella is in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height.My sister, a dietician whose job it is to monitor children's growth, said that it makes perfect sense. Wes and I are not big people so our children are not going to be either. She also said that Dr. Carmen told her that children normally find the growth pattern they will continue on at around 6 months. I am fine with them being the size that they are, it is just exciting to me to see them grow a bunch at a time because it makes me feel like I've done my job feeding them. I know they are eating though, because they are certainly sucking the life out of me. I am currently down to 105 lbs., which is 13 lbs. lighter than I was before I got pregnant. I am grateful that the weight came off so easily, but now I'm having trouble stopping the weight loss. I don't fit in any of my pants and even my new pants are baggy. I can't afford to keep buying clothes so if you see me and my clothes are sagging off of me you will know why. LOL My sister gave me some yoga pants (basically spandex) and her and I laugh because those are now baggy on me.
Back to the doctor's appointment update. They also had to get the next round of vaccines. They do so well with this. They both cried about 10 seconds and then they were done. Mya even smiled shortly after. We opted to get the flu shot (although I asked several questions about thermarisol -sp?) but decided not to get the H1N1 shot. That just makes us nervous and we don't think it is really necessary. The doctor said if we change our minds we can always come back and get it.
Finally, it was absolutely hilarious how much they loved that white paper that is rolled out over the bed. They were going crazy on it and laughing and smiling so much. We had to roll out a new piece a few times. LOL Makes me excited for opening presents at Christmas this year!
1 comment:
105 pounds?! Holy crap, I hope you held on to Wes today when you were outside, ha ha.
Post a Comment