Monday, December 21, 2009

Konesky Christmas

This weekend we celebrated Christmas with my mom's side of the family. It was such a nice evening, but with two babies to look after it went by so fast and I feel like I forgot to take some pictures that I was really wanting to take. For example, every year when we were growing up we took a picture with all of the grandkids and my grandparents. I was hoping to take a picture of my grandparents with all of the great-grandchildren. There are now 9 great-grandchildren and it would have been a great picture. We don't all get together very often so it probably won't happen until next year now. Boo!

Back to the evening though, we had a great time. We had wonderful food. I love that my grandma makes tons of delicious snaking foods instead of a meal because during the holidays you get so much of the same thing. We had nutroll, shrimp, veggies, fruit, mac 'n cheese, kilbasa, meatballs, chicken wings, cheese and crackers, etc. It was delicious and I munched all night long! Grandma insists on doing it all herself so I can't even imagine all the work she put in.

We had a photo shoot (or actually an attempted photoshoot) of my girls and Sophie. Mya, uncharacteristically, was fussing and not wanting her picture taken so we didn't actually get one of the 3 girls in their dresses but we will at some point this week. We did get several pictures of them sucking on their shoes. They don't wear shoes often and so they were all completely enthralled with the shiny things on their feet! It was hilarious. *Sidenote - I'm bummed that in the pictures Stella's shoes don't look like they match as well as they actually do.

Grandma also does an amazing job of wrapping all the presents for 36 people. I was busy with laying Mya down so I missed the gift opening, but thankfully Amanda took pictures for me. My ladies got a savings bond and some hair bows (my recent obsession). Thanks Grandma!! Wes and I got money and movie tickets - the perfect gift for us!

Finally, Wes and I had heard about this game on the Bob and Tom Show called Would You Rather... We bought the game on Saturday and brought it with us. It was hilarious and a bunch of the cousins sat down to play it. I highly recommend it! It was a great kick-off to the holiday season!

My family!Our little family.Aunt Brittany and StellaDaddy (with a weird crooked smile) and MyaAsh and her kiddos so well coordinated.My goofy parentsShoe-sucking party!Modeling our dresses

Amanda and TaylorUncle Jim and Brittany
The girlsStella opening her gifts



Daddy showcasing the new bows

No comments: