Sunday, May 2, 2010

11 Months!

My little monkeys are 11 months old. As you will see from the pictures they are always on the move and are all over each other all the time. They are so much fun and every day is new and interesting. Here are the pictures from our little monthly photo shoot. None of them are great, but I LOVE them all. You can see how much they are on the movie and how they love to crawl all over each other. I am told all the time how lucky I am to have such happy babies, and it is definitely the truth! These pictures are posted in the order they were taken. It is impossible to get them to both sit still, but I almost like the action shots better anyways!

New this month.....
* clapping (Stella)
* giving kisses (both girls ~ and it is a nice open mouth kiss with a little tongue!)
* clicking her tongue (Mya)
* waving and saying bye-bye (both girls occasionally)
* the adorable tongue roll/waggle sound that Stella has been doing (Mya)
* fake crying with the most pathetic sad face (Stella - she purses her lips up into a little "o" and makes a crying sound like "oooooohhhhhh". We usually just look at her and tell her she's a faker.)
* cracking herself up (Mya and it is absolutely hilarious!)
* climbing stairs (both girls)
* cruising from one piece of furniture to the next (both girls)
* words: mama, mommy, mom, dada, nana, baba, bye, yeah, no, uh-oh, ga (they say these words and I do think that they know what they mean (if they have a meaning) but they don't always use them intentionally so I don't know what I would count as their first words.
* mimicking words we say, such as baby and I love you (Stella - baby is definitely down pat and I love you is different every time but she's definitely trying to say what we are saying, with the biggest smile ever on her face while she's doing it!)
* nodding her head and saying "ya" when we say "yes" (Mya)
* shaking her head no when we correct her or say "no" (Mya)
* hand motions that go along with Itsy Bitsy Spider when we sing it (Mya - she kind of just rolls her hands around because she can't do it with just her fingers but it is so cute.)
* singing/yelling (both girls - they love to copy us so if we sing "la la (from the song, Popular, from Wicked) they like to copy. And when we yell "ah" they copy that as well.)
* foods - cucumber, corn, broccoli, watermelon, cannellini beans, mini bagels, chunk cheese
*seasonings - rosemary, basil, cinnamon

Only 1 more month and my babies won't be babies!

1 comment:

Kelly Lynn said...

LMAO at pic #4!!!!! Your girlies need to be baby models...they are so beautiful!