Friday, June 4, 2010

1 Year Appointment

Yesterday was my last day of school and so there was no way I could take off to go to the girls' check-up. Nana said she would watch them and she could bring them to their appointment where Wes could meet up with her. He had field day and so his principal said it would be okay for him to leave for a little bit and return after the appointment.

Here are their stats:

Mya Alyse ~
weight - 23 pounds even (75th percentile)
length - 28 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
*Since our 9 month appointment Mya has gained 2 pounds, 13 ounces and grew 1/2 an inch.

Stella Grace ~
weight - 19 pounds, 11 ounces (40th percentile)
length - 28 inches (50th percentile)
*Since our 9 month appointment Stella has gained 2 pounds, 11 ounces, but did not grow in length at all.

They also had shots to get. I totally forgot about this part so I didn't tell my mom to give them Tylenol before she left for the appointment. They had to get 3 pokes in their thighs and 2 finger pricks. Thank God I wasn't there, because I just don't do well with it. My mom said that Mya had a hard time with it but she eventually calmed down. I felt horrible. There was medicine in the diaper bag so they gave it to them before they left the doctor's office. My mom brought the girls to my classroom for a short visit with my students. The girls were pretty vocal and my class LOVED seeing them. I talk about them all the time so they really enjoyed interacting with them. Stella was such a little flirt and smiling a ton. Mya was still a little upset about her shots so she was not quite herself. Afterwards, Nana took them home to feed them lunch and lay them down for a nap.

I had gotten some really sad news at work and I was majorally bumming as I left school. But when I walked in to my parents' house to get the girls they were the first things I saw sitting in their booster chairs eating a snack and when they saw me they got the biggest smiles on their faces. Boy, can that ever change your mood! My family is the best!

No comments: