Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Letter to My Girls

Dear Mya Alyse and Stella Grace,
Tomorrow is your first birthday! It is completely unreal that a year has gone by, but this has by far been THE best year of my life. Our journey through fertility issues was always so hard on me because I just knew that I had to be a mom. Although, I couldn't know exactly what this amazing love feels like, I knew it was my purpose in life. You two are more than I could have ever hoped for. I love every single thing about you both. I think back to the first few weeks after you were born and I can still feel my heart swelling as I was falling in love with my new role and my new precious daughters. That feeling has only multiplied over the last 12 months. I am sad that it all goes so fast, but I definitely look forward to watching you grow into the amazing human beings I just know that you will be.

The last week or so I have been breaking down and crying at random times thinking about how much I love you. It happened while I was getting ready for your birthday party. Daddy took you over to Nana's to lay you down for a nap while I finished up. I was home alone and listening to the radio while getting ready. A song came on that made me think of you and I just couldn't stop crying. These were happy tears, of course. I was crying and thanking God for blessing me with you. All I could think about was the fact that my dreams had come true. I thought about all the time I sat and wondered if it would ever happen to me. I thought about your precious older brother or sister that I lost. I thought about the moment I found out I was pregnant. I thought about the day we found out you were twins and then later when we found out your were two girls. I thought about all of the ultrasounds and appointments. I thought about the day you were born and the time in the hospital. I thought about bringing you home and introducing you to this world. I thought about all of your milestones you've reached in your first year. This whirlwind journey all flashed through my mind again and I felt so eternally grateful. It is a feeling that is hard to describe in words. Someday when you are both mommies you will understand. You are my heart and my soul. I love you more than life itself and I would do absolutely anything for you. I am always on your side and I will always be your number one fan. I feel so lucky to be your mommy! Happy birthday my sweet, sweet angels!

I love you always and ALL ways,
Mommy

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I cried at work reading this and told everyone I had really bad allergies......:) Such a good mama!