1. (daily starting in probably Nov.) Wes' dad works at Dannon and very generously supplies us with tons of yogurt! The girls know that grandpa always has yogurt and ask him for it as soon as they see him. They especially love the Danimals (a small yogurt smoothie drink for kids). You are supposed to shake them before you drink them so I started singing "shake, shake, shake! shake, shake, shake! Shake your yogurt! (sung to the tune of Shake Your Booty!) Now anytime we get a yogurt out of the fridge they dance and sing "Shake your yogurt!" Ridiculously cute!!
2. (Dec.) We were teaching the girls who Santa was as Christmas was approaching. They never got the name down but whenever we showed them a picture or a decoration of Santa they just called him "ho, ho, ho".
3. (Jan) When they see Aunt Morgan they call her "Morgie" and Grandpa and Grandma are"Gamma" and "Gampa". Everyone else is pretty much correct.
4. (Jan.) After watching tons of Dora they love to announce "I did it!" after everything they do.
5. (Ongoing) Mya loves to announce when things are "All Gone" and says "Ohhhhhkayyyyy" to most things. Stella says "ok" and "uh huh" to anything she means yes to. It doesn't even always apply and it is so cute. For example: "Did you bump your head?" Stella: "Okay" (in a very sad voice)
5. (Feb.) Wes and I meet at the grocery store after work. I take Mya home with me and he takes Stella with him. Mya is concerned with Stella not being in the seat next to her and I tell her that she is riding with Daddy and she is definitely buckled in her carseat. All the way home I hear "Tella carseat" "Tella buckle" "Tella Daddy". Such a little protector!
6. (Feb.) Wes' step-mom passed away on Feb. 8th. At the showing, Wes takes Stella up near the casket and she says "Gamma seeping". :(
7. (Feb.) We are having a lazy day in our bed with the girls. Wes farts (and it smells horrible!!!) and Stella says "Daddy poopy pants!"
8. (Feb.) I don't even know how to write their version of Happy Birthday but they are working on it and it is sooooooo cute. We practiced for Daddy's birthday!
9. (Feb.) When my mom watches the girls she puts Stella's pack n' play in her closet because it is bigger and it stays really dark in there. Nana hears talking forever during a nap time and goes in to check and hopefully lay her down. She finds her with a bunch of Nana's clothes that she pulled off the hanger and some lotion. Stella happily smiles at Nana and announces "Uh oh Nana! Yoshin!!!!!"
10. (Jan). Oops out of order! After a bath the girls love to run around their room and hide beside their dresser and announce that they are "naken" or "nakie".
11. (Feb.) I'm still pretty tired one Saturday morning and I close my eyes for just a second. Mya gets right in my face and yells "Mommy, wake up! C'mon Mommy! Payroom! (playroom)"
12. (Feb.) I give the girls a cookie after they finish dinner one night. The cookie was from Max and Erma's but it was a few days old. They were begging for a "cooookie" and then when I give it to them Stella puts a piece in her mouth that was kind of hard. She proceeds to lick the chocolate off and then spits the piece out and tells me with the most disgusted look on her face "no lika coooookie". Mya devoured hers! :)
13. (not sure when it started) Mya and Stella's version of "I love you" - "I lova".
14. (again not sure when) In the tub one night I very gently pinch Stella's butt and she giggles uncontrollably. Ever since then they like to bend slightly at the knees and stick their butts out to the side and ask for me to "chinch a butt" with the sweetest little smile on their face!
15. (Dec.) Ever since YaYa and YoYo got the girls the chairs for Christmas they love to jump on them and jump off of them. They stand there counting "2, 1, 2, 1 Jump!!!" We need to work on our counting!
16. (Jan.) We have discovered that if we want a hug or a kiss from the girls and they don't feel like giving one all we have to do is fake cry. Mya immediately notices and announces "Mommy Ky" (sorry don't know how to spell her version. I used a k because it is the hard sound). She will then rub our backs, hug us and give us a kiss!
1 comment:
Aww... yay! I love these! Sophie says "I did it!" after everything too. :) Dora is like the Justin Bieber (sp?) of the toddler world.
Post a Comment