Sunday, May 8, 2011

Play Room

We converted our office into a play room right after Christmas. It is still a work in progress but it is getting there. I love all of the colors! I purchased this decal from Uppercase Living. I should have gotten the one that was just a little bigger but I still really like it. My plan is to take some of my favorite pictures of the girls playing and print them in a tinted color and frame them. I want to hang the frames around the words. The wall hangings that you see sitting on top of the storage cubes are going to be hung on the opposite wall above their chairs and toy box but they have those giant balls on the hanging wire and I'm having trouble finding something to hang them with. The balls make them stick really far off the wall and creates my problem. You might also have noticed that the curtains are too short. Well, they weren't but I washed them and dried them and they shrunk like 6 inches!!!! I just haven't gotten around to replacing them yet.

My parents are getting them a table and chair set for their birthday that is going to put in the center of the room. I can't wait for this because I just know that the girls are going to LOVE it! It will be the perfect place for them to color and play with their kitchen food! They love to "cook supper" and then feed it to us or each other.

We installed 3 shelves in the huge closet that was in the room so that we could have storage for their toys. They can't open the closet doors right now and so I can control how much they have out at a time. Plus, it keeps things interesting to them. They forget about some of the toys until I pull them out and then they are new all over again! I love that I can shut the doors and I don't have to see all of the toys! I would like to get some labeled baskets or something to better organize in their but it's not a necessity right now.

2 comments:

Kelly Lynn said...

What a fun, colorful place for the girls to play! Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love their playroom! The framed pics of them around the words is a great idea. That will look so cute. And I agree - they will love the table and chairs in the center of the room. And that closet - what a blessing! I'll keep an eye out for cute baskets. ;)