On February 5th I took a pregnancy test and although I was feeling like I was pregnant I was still pretty cautious with my emotions because honestly so many failed attempts had left me pretty jaded to the process. It was another bad weather day so our whole family was home. I can't even begin to describe our feelings when we saw this...
Even though it was a level 3 snow emergency for Wood County we ventured out to Bay Park Hospital because I HAD to have blood work confirming this positive test. We live in Ottawa County so technically we were only illegal for a few miles! ;) I wasn't due to miss my period for two days but I took the test anyways. We drove to the hospital very slowly and cautiously and had my blood drawn. My doctor's office called to confirm our fabulous news! They told me I would need a repeat test two days later to be sure that my HCG was doubling as it should but that everything looked good. I had googled HCG levels just like I did with the girls and I began thinking that day that it might be twins again!
My sweet friend, Cheryl, made me a little chain link countdown to our ultrasound when I would find out for sure how many babies were in there and if everything was going okay. I was so very nervous for this appointment because of what had just happened one year before.
The day finally arrived for the ultrasound. It was 20 days after we found out we were pregnant and man was that a long almost 3 weeks! We only told a few people that we were pregnant prior to the appointment because we just didn't want to deal with telling everyone bad news if it didn't turn out to be a healthy pregnancy. At this point I was going crazy. As we were waiting for the doctor to come in for the ultrasound I asked Wes one last time what he thought - one or two babies. He held up two fingers and said "Dos". I smiled and laughed because I pretty much thought so too. The second the ultrasound got started I saw the two sacs. Even though I think we were prepared for it, seeing it on the screen and making it official was a shock! I really couldn't believe we were going to have twins AGAIN! We were over the moon excited that everything looked healthy and we were released from our fertility doctor to my regular OB at that point. I had a little bit of tears in my eyes saying good bye to them because they were such a big part of our life for 7 years, but I was also thrilled to not need their services anymore.
We stopped at Kohl's and bought the girls a big sister shirt and a big sister book at Barnes and Noble. We headed home to share our amazing news with them. To say they were excited is an understatement. Their reaction was priceless and we became even more excited about everything.
We shared our news that day with the world and because I'm friends with so many parents and co-workers on Facebook my class pretty much knew by the next morning when I got to school. One of my girls made me this crown! :)
Here are a few other random cute pictures from February, but the main event was obviously the news of our pregnancy.
A visit to Daddy's classroom on a day off.
Seeing the Frozen Sing-a-long with YaYa and YoYo!
Cutie Patooties ready for church.
Ice skating at the BGSU ice arena with my siblings.
Sissy snuggles!













No comments:
Post a Comment