1. One morning Mya found a battery on Wes' night stand that had fallen out of our remote and she picked it up and calls Stella in the room. She says "Sissy, come on. I found the polish. Sit down I needa paint your nails!" They proceeded to take turns "painting" each other's fingers and toes.
2. This is probably my favorite thing they have ever come up with on their own. One night I was tucking them in to bed and Mya tells me "Mommy, I love you always and always and always and ever and ever and ever". Talk about melting my heart!!!!!!! Since then Stella started doing it and most nights they say it on their own but on the nights they don't I am not ashamed to say I ask them how much they love me so that I can hear it. Music to my ears! :)
3. Sometimes the girls swing at each other and we tell them not to. Mya normally responds with "Ohhhhh, we don't hit peoples?" Remember how I said she acts like it's the first time she's heard something? Silly girl!
4. After bath we normally snuggle as a family in our bed. The girls call it "falamily cuddle time".
5. One morning on our way to our weekly play date with Payne I swung through McDonalds to pick up lattes for Linds and I. As soon as we are in the parking lot they are asking if I am getting a "fweet tea" and when I say no I'm getting coffee Mya tells me that she wants some coffee. I told her she's silly. She says "Oh, little kids don't drink coffee. No just big peoples like Mommy and Lindsay drink coffee. Little kids drink milk and ice water."
6. The girls, especially Stella, are very interested in finding the moon in the sky. During the day they know that it is harder to see it but sometimes they can find it. One night it was raining and Mya asked me "Is the moon gonna take a bath?"
7. Probably Wes' favorite thing he ever heard from the girls: Mya: "Daddy I wanna cuddle you and watch soccer balls!" Stella hears this and comes and says "No Daddy, I wanna cuddle you and watch Joey Botto!"
8. Ok this one is probably TMI and I'm sorry but it is funny. I was getting out of the shower and Mya walked in my bathroom. I didn't have a shirt on yet and she smiles and says "Mommy I wanna eat those!" I asked what she wanted to eat. She laughed and said "You boobies! I wanna eat those!" She thought this was hilarious. This has happened twice. I nursed them until they were 18 months and it seems impossible to me that they could remember it but maybe they do.
9. At church, Stella laid her head down and closed her eyes and told Wes "I'm just gonna take a nap and listen to God".
10. The girls were slamming the door and I came in and told them they need to stop. Mya went to do it again and Stella yells "NO! Mya!!! We need to be gentle."
11. I enjoy my "fweet tea" and the girls know that we sometimes make special trips to get Daddy a fountain "Diet Monna Dew".
12. Anytime I tell Mya not to do something and explain why it would hurt her or it would cause a problem she always says "No, we don't want that to happen."
13. They love to ride their tricycles around the house. Sometimes they take the easy way out and call them their bikes but normally they call them "trice-guh-gull" (Mya) and "tricey-goal" (Stella).
14. Stella was studying my face one day and pointed to my eyebrow and asked me what it was. I told her and pointed out that she has some too. Ever since then she likes to talk about our "eyebrowns". Daddy says she needs to get used them and love 'em cause she was graced with the lovely thick Rethman eyebrows! He also told me I need to learn how to wax or we will be spending a lot of money doing that when they get older. LOL
15. I asked Stella to give me a kiss while she was jumping on the trampoline. She says "Hold on, Mommy, I need to jump real quick". Hold on? Real quick? Hmmmmmm?!!?!?!
16. We were getting ready to take a bath and Stella tells me "I need to do it by myself, ok Mommy? I put my foot in and then my other foots and then my booty and who-ha."
2 comments:
#2 - I don't blame you...I'd want to hear that every night too!
#8 - Still funny the second time hearing that, hahahahaha!!!
#9 - Precious.
#16 - Just hilarious!
love.
Post a Comment