Friday, August 31, 2012

The Fresh Beat Band Concert

Back in April tickets went on sale for the Fresh Beat Band concert at the Toledo Zoo.  I called Ash and suggested that we take all the little girlies for their birthday presents.  Ash took care of getting the tickets and lucky that we did it then because they sold out right after we got ours.  In fact, we were in the second to last row.  The show was last night.  The girls knew about this in April so that was a LONG time to wait and they asked about it often.  The night before the concert I put them to bed and they came out of their room shortly after I put them in bed and they were dressed in the clothes I had laid out for the next day.  I asked why they changed and they said "So when we wake up we can just be ready for the Fresh Beats!" LOL

Daddy picked them up from Lisa's, I packed them a quick and easy supper to eat on the way there and we were off.  We met up with Aunt Ashley and followed her the rest of the way to the zoo.  They were SOOOOO excited.  We got in line to get them a shirt and I had asked them which one they wanted and they were so giddy so when we got up to the register and the lady told me the t-shirts were $25 a piece I was shocked but didn't want to disappoint them so we got the shirts anyways.  You only go to your first ever concert once, right????

 Like I said we were in the second to last row but it really didn't matter.  They stood on the seats and danced in the aisles!  Stella did ask me how we could "get up there to see the Fresh Beats" and I told her we couldn't.  She said "Well how did those other people get there".  I told her they paid more money than we did and she was okay with that answer. Haha!

 We cooled off with a shared Lemon Ice.



 Loving the show!
 Dancing Queens




The show began at 6:00 and was over by 7:15 and they took about a 10-15 minute intermission.  It seemed short but it was perfect for their audience considering their demographic is preschoolers.  However, I would listen to the Fresh Beat Band without the girls with me, I LOVE them!  It was a fabulous evening!

1 comment:

Kelly Lynn said...

We all love them too, and I catch myself singing their songs a lot! :) Glad you had a great time!