Friday, January 29, 2010

Sisterly Love

There are so many great things about having twins, but the best thing about having twins is watching them play together. The moment we found out we were having two girls I started daydreaming about them. I knew that they would have a special relationship that only multiples can understand. I've read about twin sisters feeling each other's labor pains (which I'm not wishing on my girls) or knowing when the other was sick because they just have that special connection. I am so close with my sister and so I always hoped to have two girls. I never dreamed I would get twins.
Mya and Stella started noticing each other months ago, but watching them play together now is so cute. They crawl all over each other and "talk" back and forth. Yesterday, I had just picked Stella up out of her crib and was going to get Mya after a nap and when we stood over Mya's crib they just looked at each other and started smiling so big. It eventually turned into full out belly laughs and it was THE cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. I called Wes over the monitor and he came upstairs to join in the fun.I am so looking forward to watching them become the best of friends. What lucky little girls to always have a playmate and sense of security wherever they go. I think that when they are older, however, that Mya will be more independent where Stella will be more clingy to Mya. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Kelly Lynn said...

I love the new blog look, but I love those outfits even more! I feel the same way about the bond between twins...such a special relationship. I wonder if Jax will feel Emmy's labor pains, LMAO.