Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We were supposed to be celebrating down in Columbus at Brittany and Troy's house, but due to another round of horrible colds and fluid in Stella's ears we decided to stay home. She had a temperature of 102 and we just didn't want to drag her out. She went back in to see the doctor yesterday and they gave her some anitbiotics (which probably won't work since they didn't last time) and said that there isn't much else we can do for her. Both of their noses are like faucets, they are sneezing a bunch and they have red, watery eyes . I hate when they don't feel good, because I can't do much to help them feel better. We just snuggle them, keep their noses as clean as possible, apply Baby Kisses to their cheeks so they don't get anymore chapped and keep a warm mist humidifier going in their bedroom at night.Back to Valentine's Day.....I had bought the girls a Valentine's outfit a few months ago and when I pulled it out to put on them after an early bath I realized it just wasn't going to work. It is a 6-9 month size outfit but I apparently didn't look very closely at it because the pants are so small! I did put it on them since this was the first time they were ever going to wear it and it looked hilarious. Mya could barely sit up with them on. We took a few pictures and then took the pants off and put on some jeans.

Check out our skin tight pants....Mya is a little embarrassed by this picture.
"Are your pants as tight as mine, Stella?""They don't fit, Mom! Get over it!""I wonder if she's going to make us wear these things all day?"The girls got their Valentine outfit and the book Itsy Bitsy Spider (their FAVORITE!!!!) from Mommy and Daddy. I didn't know there were more verses to that song, but it goes on and on. Nana and Papa got them the most adorable little outfits from Gymboree for this summer. Sophie got one too. All three girls' outfits are different but they all coordinate. My mom wants to get their pictures taken in them with Will wearing a solid matching shirt and holding a watermelon. I can already picture how adorable those are going to turn out!
The Itsy Bitsy Spider is a great read! Just ask Mya...My super sweet husband brought me home some beautiful flowers. It was a rose and lily bouquet. He also paid for the clothes I picked out at Target on our snow day. Wesley got a pretty awesome gift, if I do say so myself. He will be at opening day of the Cincinnati Reds versus the St. Louis Cardinals with Troy. Brittany and I are letting them choose their seats so I didn't actually have the ticket to hand him, but he got online and picked out where he wants to sit. This is also partly his birthday present because opening day is quite a bit more expensive than regular games. I got him a Reds hooded sweatshirt for his birthday, because the game is on April 5th and it will probably be pretty cold. He has always wanted to go, but never has. He was pretty happy today!

1 comment:

Kelly Lynn said...

Love the Valentine pics, especially the ones with the tight pants, LMAO!!! Hope the girls feel better soon so we can come visit again. I am SO looking forward to the watermelon pics!!!