We apologized about a thousand times and then they started the appointment. We walked out to the scale to get their weights. I laid Mya on the scale and took her diaper off because they want them naked and what do you think she did??????? You guessed it! Peed all over the scale and herself. They had to get us a towel and take us to the scale on the other side of the office. They laughed about it though.
9 month stats:
Mya Alyse ~
weight - 20 pounds 3 ounces (75th percentile)
length - 28 inches (75th percentile)
head circumference - 17 1/2 inches (60th percentile)
*Since their 6 month appointment she gained 4 pounds 3 ounces, grew 2 1/4 inches and her head grew 3/4 inch.
Stella Grace~
weight - 17 pounds even (25th percentile)
length - 28 inches (75th percentile)
head circumference - 17 inches (50th percentile)
*Since their 6 month appointment she gained 2 pounds 6 ounces, grew 2 1/4 inches and her head grew 1/2 inch.
Just for fun, I had brought my baby book home from my parent's house this week to compare the girls to what I was. At 9 months I weighed 16 pounds 8 ounces and was 27 inches long. I was such a chubby baby but had started to thin out then. So both girls are bigger than I was and I weighed 8 pounds 7 1/2 ounces at birth. Strange.
Dr. Carmen said that Stella still had a little fluid in her ears, but they weren't red because of the medicine. We are working on getting her a sooner appointment with the ENT and she said that we will probably need to extend her antibiotic so she doesn't have another ear infection after the medicine is done. She said that Mya's ears looked great. Other than that the girls are doing great. She said to decrease the amount of milk they are getting. Currently, I feed them in the morning and before bed and Lisa gives them 2 eight ounce bottles of pumped milk during the day. They also have 3 meals of solid food a day with 3 one ounce cubes at each meal. Dr. Carmen said they should only have 2 six ounce bottles in the day and about 5 or 6 one ounce cubes of food at each of their 3 meals! They need to be moving towards more solids and less milk. This makes me a little sad. They are growing way too fast. However, this does mean less pumping for me hopefully. We don't go back until they are 1 in June! Oh and Dr. Carmen also said we have to take the pacifiers away completely or at the very least limit them to just bedtime. We do try to keep them just during bed and in the car but some days we give in. She said just bed and work on taking those away at that time too. Wes and I decided that we would keep them for bedtime and we will take the plunge of getting rid of them over spring break (the first week of April). I am NOT looking forward to that week anymore!
1 comment:
No Paci for Stella? Oh no!
Post a Comment