Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Pleasures of My Life

Driving home from the hospital today after Stella's surgery we heard one of my current favorite songs by The Zac Brown band, Highway 20 Ride. Most of the song doesn't apply to me but I still really like it. My favorite part is at the end. Everytime I hear these words I tear up for some reason:

"So when you drive
And the years go flying by
I hope you smile
If I ever cross your mind
It was a pleasure of my life
And I cherished every time
And my whole world
It begins and ends with you"

For some reason, those words just make me think about my life. I think about how incredibly blessed I am to have my girls and my wonderful husband! I'm pretty sure there is no way they will ever know just exactly how much I love them because there are no words to describe it. They are my whole world and I do cherish every moment with them. I think about other people I know or have read about that are suffering the loss or sickness of a child. I think about people I know who are struggling to get pregnant. I think about people who don't have a significant other and may never know the joys that a family can bring. I think about how easy things can change. I know that I am lucky. I know that most people don't carry twins as long as I did and have as healthy of babies as I did. I'm by no means patting myself on the back. I totally realize that I was blessed. I know that a lot of people don't have a partner in life like I do. Wesley is amazing! He's a great father, a wonderful husband and an outstanding teacher. I love him so much!

I love my life and I don't take any of it for granted. These are my gifts from God and I will treasure them always. I will spend my life enjoying my blessings and being thankful. And one day I will hold my first sweet baby in my arms and thank God again for taking care of him/her in heaven for me while I was still on earth. Count your blessings everyone!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ditto! Those song lyrics will also be making an appearance in one of my posts that I'm working on (just need my pc to be fixed so I can upload my pics!)... but I'm not copying, I swear! lol That's such a pretty and smooth song and those lyrics definitely hit home :)
Glad everything turned out well with Stella's surgery!!

Adrianne said...

What a touching post Casey! It is so great to see pictures of your beautiful family and to see the love you all have for each other! You help me see that things will eventually work themselves out. So glad Stella's surgery went well! Best wishes for you and your family!